Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week 4

After going through the material you provided, the slideshare link you provided about not needing a social media marketing plan really stuck out to me. Social media marketing honestly does need to be combined with traditional planning.
"Stop looking at social media marketing as an add on and embracing it into your traditional planning"
I feel that is a very McLuhan-esque statement. I believe that this will become best practice or social media marketing.
I didn't really find anything else comparable to that slideshare but I did find this
Developing a Social Media Plan
This agrees more to the second slideshare link you provided (Creating a Social Media Plan)

Regarding the project, I honestly wouldn't change anything about it. It covers all aspects that I could possibly think of. The part I might suggest is part about reviewing what similar companies are doing and do what they don't do. My main reason of choosing this is because although they might be successful doing what they are doing, but there are things they aren't doing that could make them even more successful. I think our institution should take advantage of that and use it to our benefit.